Re: Help - Tables

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/24

Ikenna Aniagoh wrote:

> Netters:
>
> Can someone please help me with this problem? I am new to Oracle; when I
> create a project or table in Oracle, How can I see or access the table from
> Windows Exploer? All that I see in the directory is the name of the
> project. Why not the name of the file, and how can I see the name of the
> file?
>
> Thank you
>
> Ikenna

The 'table' would be created 'inside' of Oracle (in fact, in a 'datafile') so you wouldn't see the table in Windows Explorer. You should be able to see the datafile(s) however. Log in to Oracle as the user you created the table under - i.e. SCOTT/TIGER - and query the Oracle data dictionary to see your table. To look at your tables directly from the Windows desktop you'll need some form of query tool: Oracle developer, MS Access, MS Excel, PowerBuilder, VB, etc.

IMHO, you need to get a bit of Oracle training. Try one of the Oracle introductory courses and/or a good Oracle book.

Steve Phelan. Received on Mon Mar 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CST