Re: PL/SQL calling a C function?

From: Mark Killick <informbook_at_zetnet.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/24

I've never heard of the PLEX tool but I shall be checking out the web site mentioned. I have been involved in developing systems that require a Pro*C program to start processing when a certain dbms event occurs. The way this was achieved was by using a DBMS_ALERT.

The alert has to be set up and works similar to a semaphore, where the process waits on a change of state of the DBMS_ALERT which will cause to to start processing or potentially operating in a different way. The alerts state is can be changed by any PL/SQL processing within the dbms (procedure/function/trigger)

I believe the alert facility is only available for release 7.1 and later.

Regards,
Mark Killick Received on Mon Mar 24 1997 - 00:00:00 CST