ORA-07429: smsgsg: shmget() failed to get segment. on SUN

From: RYoung <ryoung_at_summer.dbsol.com>
Date: 1997/03/22

I received this message when trying to build a new database with a large value (90) for maxdatafiles.
I thought this might arise because I had too many instances running, but when the others were completely shutdown I still get the same message. When I tried to take one of the existing databases (maxdatafiles=30) , dump the control file to trace to change maxdatafiles, and then try to rebuild the controlfiles I also get the same message. I don't have the SUN manuals with me...is there something special re: the SUN system I am missing?

I have built databases on HP, VMS, and AIX before but this is my first time on SUN.

--
Robert Young
rcyoung_at_summer.dbsol.com