Re: Forms 4.5 Blocks from a view???

From: Alex Heney <heneya_at_entcf3.agw.co.bt.uk>
Date: 1997/03/21

Dudux wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I want to show some records from a table adding a column from another
> table and I need to order by this last column.
> For example, supose that I want all the records of the SCOTT.ITEM
> table and the column DESCRIP of the table SCOTT.PRODUCT
> (they have a comun column->PRODID), and I want to order by the column
> DESCRIP.
>
> Is so easy to do this with a view, it´s possible to do that without a
> view???

Yes. You use the post-query trigger to populate the fields which are not part of the main base-table. The main problem with this at Forms 4.5 is that it is very inefficient in multi-row blocks, because it causes the records to be retrieved one at a time, with the post-query firing for each one, regardless of how you set the 'records fetched' property of the block.

--
The above posting represents the personal opinions of the author and
is not to be taken as official (or unofficial) policy or opinions of

Alex Heney, Living in the Global Village.