Re: Where do I start???

From: Allen Kirby <akirby_at_att.com>
Date: 1997/03/20

LUND Katherine wrote:

> I have to create a database on a Oracle 7 UNIX system. I know SQL and
> work with Access all the time. However, I have NO IDEA where to begin with
> Oracle. I want to be able to create tables from various text files and
> create a small interface which asks the user for a query and executes it.
>
> I looked at what's available on our system (/oracle/bin) and there are so
> many different files that I have no idea where to begin.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> _________________________________
> Katherine Lund
> Université de Montréal
> E-mail: lundk_at_jsp.umontreal.ca

Katherine:
Please excuse this if it sounds like a flame, but have you thought about trying to

READ THE MANUALS..READ THE MANUALS...READ THE MANUALS... If you don't have them, get them. Buy a 3rd party book. Don't try to do this without documentation.

--
---
Allen Kirby			AT&T ITS Production Services