Re: PL/SQL calling a C function?

From: Steve Phelan <stevep_at_pmcgettigan.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1997/03/19

> How do I call a 3GL function from PL/SQL? I am aware of ORA_FFI
> package but it looks like it is tuned to be used in Windows
> environment. Does it work under UNIX? If so, what's the procedure to
> use it? Another way to work around might be to use DBMS_PIPE package
> and write a server daemon process. But it will be nice if I can use
> ORA_FFI only.

As far as I'm aware, the FFI (Foreign Function Interface) is only supported on the client side - like the old 'user exits' interface in Oracle Forms. Oracle 8 will allow you to call external functions via the cartridge interface definitions (LIBRARY). As regards Oracle 7.x, look at:

Steve Phelan. Received on Wed Mar 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST