Re: ODBC vs. SQL*Net ???

From: Bruce Armstrong <barmstro_at_mail.gte.net>
Date: 1997/03/19

Chris Greaves <cgreaves_at_expert.cc.purdue.edu> wrote:

>I am working on an app recently moved from one Oracle server to another.
>We are now using an ODBC connect, previously SQLNet Oracle 7v7.x, and
>two data windows with left outer joins no longer function. Is it possible
>that ODBC is causing the problem?

FWIW, I love the Oracle engine, but I alway imagined that if Oracle had to survive solely on the quality of their front-end tools they would have starved long ago. One of the big reasons I'm a PB bigot.

All that is to say that you might want to consider one of the third party ODBC drivers for Oracle. I grabbed the MicroSoft one (largely because it was free and Oracle didn't have theirs out yet) and haven't had too many problems with it.

Bruce Armstrong				| Source Consulting
mailto:barmstro_at_mail.gte.net		| mailto:jobs_at_sourcela.com
http://home1.gte.net/barmstro/		| http://www.sourcela.com

Preach the gospel at all times.If necessary, use words.	[Francis of Assisi]