Re: Problem with SYS.IDL_SB4$ ? Error on import?

From: Heggelund <d92hegge_at_ix_prod.hfk.mil.no>
Date: 1997/03/19

Hi,

the columns that show up as 'undefined' datatype actually has a defined datatype. If you look in sql.bsq you will see that idl_sb4$ column piece is created with the datatype 'long sb4'!. Another example is 'long ub2' for the same column in idl_ub2$. Both these datatypes are accepted in a create table statement (I've tried), but I don not know what they are or which rules apply to them. Exp / Imp doesn't like them at all!.

Rgds
Steinar Heggelund

RYoung (ryoung_at_summer.dbsol.com) wrote:
: I received this error during an import of an export file to an Oracle 7.3
: database. . I thought maybe I could drop this table, and redefine it with
: larger parameters, but since it is a sys table I am reluctant to try this,
: as well as the fact the exp will not export the table. It has an
: 'undefined' datatype for one row (see below) which export says it does not
: support. Any ideas how I can get the rest of the import to go in correctly?
: Increasing the size of the system tablespace was already tried with no
: success.

: You help is appreciated in advance

: Log of import follows...

: ""
: IMP-00003: ORACLE error 604 encountered
: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
: ORA-01653: unable to extend table SYS.IDL_SB4$ by 315 in tablespace SYSTEM
: IMP-00017: following statement failed with ORACLE error 604:
: "CREATE TRIGGER "APPS".AR_RATE_ADJUSTMENTS_BRI BEFORE INSERT on
: AR.AR_RATE_A"

: --

: Table definitions

: SQL> describe SYS.IDL_SB4$;
: Name Null? Type
: ------------------------------- -------- ----
: OBJ# NOT NULL NUMBER
: PART NOT NULL NUMBER
: VERSION NUMBER
: PIECE# NOT NULL NUMBER
: LENGTH NOT NULL NUMBER
: PIECE NOT NULL UNDEFINED

: Robert Young
: rcyoung_at_summer.dbsol.com
: "Standard disclaimer for employee views..."