Re: ADVICE: SERVERS & BACKEND DATABASE

From: Neil Pike <100577.553_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 1997/03/19

> Lastly, this always irks me. This is the ultimate in professional
> disclaimers:
>
> > The above statements and opinions are my own and do not
> > necessarily represent those of Oracle Corporation.
> You work for the damn company! Sorry, I don't mean to make this personal,
> but, every post I've ever seen from someone at Oracle has the same
> disclaimer, so I guess it's policy or something. Just let it serve as an
> indication of the quality of support you'll receive from the company.

Paul,

Rich may have no control over this. A lot of companies, for legal reasons, stick this sort of disclaimer on all out-going e-mail at the gateway. I get e-mails from friends to arrange drinks that have these disclaimers plastered all over.

 Neil Pike MVP/MCSE (neil.pike_at_natwestuk.co.uk)  Protech Computing Ltd (MS Solution Provider)  Using Virtual Access 3.52 build 159c (32-bit) on NT 4.0 SP2 Received on Wed Mar 19 1997 - 00:00:00 CST