Migration to Oracle 7.x from Access 7.0 ...Help needed

From: Hemant Babtiwale <usfmcfkn_at_ibmmail.com>
Date: 1997/03/18

Microsoft Access 7.0 provides "Export" facility to migrate Access database to Oracle (as an ODBC database). This is done using "Save as/Export..." function provided under "File" menuitem. I am using this to export Access 7.0 tables to Oracle as an ODBC database. When done, I find that Access adds double quotes around all objects such as tables/columns. e.g. my_table would be created in oracle with the name "my_table". So I need to use double quotes everywhere I need to refer to these objects. Access is creating Oracle objects by using reserved Oracle words by delimiting them with double quotes. Has anyone tried this? Can I somehow avoid this so that I don't have to use double quotes in my queries? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Received on Tue Mar 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST