JDBC-ODBC/Personal Oracle

From: Dan Lynch <mohawk_at_gold.interlog.com>
Date: 1997/03/18

 I'm having a problem using the JDBC/ODBC bridge and personal oracle under win95. When I first startup the applet, I can do several queries with no problem, but if I do a query after startup, win95 snuffs the appletviewer

claiming it did something nasty. I've tried this with JDK 1.0.2, 1.1 beta 3,
and 1.1 final. I've tried it as an applet, and an application.  I've tried
three different ODBC drivers (Oracle, Openlink and Visigenic). Same result
every time.
 I've tried the identical process with an MS-Access database, and there's no problem at all. And to really annoy me, the JDBC test program from Visigenic (1.03) works fine as well. I've reverse engineered the test classes (with mocha), and can't find where I'm screwing up (if it's me).  Has anybody else had this problem? This is really starting to piss me off. Thanks for any help.

Dan Received on Tue Mar 18 1997 - 00:00:00 CST