Re: Problem with SYS.IDL_SB4$ ? Error on import?

From: Stephen Miller <stepmil_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1997/03/17

This error indicates that you have run of space in your SYSTEM tablespace. ORACLE is trying to allocate an extent of 315 blocks (if your blocksize is 4096 bytes, this represents 1,260K of space). You have a number of alternatives:

  1. You can increase the size of SYSTEM by adding a new data file (using ALTER TABLSPACE system ADD DATAFILE...).
  2. It is possible that you are not really out of space in SYSTEM, but just don't have an extent that is at least 315 blocks long. Check the dictionary view SYS.DBA_FREE_SPACES to find out if you have any extents left. If you do, you can change the size of the NEXT extent for this table with an ALTER TABLE SYS.IDL_SB4$ STORAGE (NEXT somevalue) ;
  3. I don't recognize this table, so it is possible that it is a temporary table created by the import process or by the failing trigger. In that case, you don't want this table in SYSTEM, but rather in a temporary tablespace. You achieve this by altering your import user's TEMPORARY TABLESPACE to something other than SYSTEM.
Hope this helps

Stephen Miller