Re: PL/SQL: Mutating Table

From: Valentin Maier <maier_at_mailman.epnet.com>
Date: 1997/03/17

> The mutating table error is due to an attempt to update a row in another
> table that has a foreign key relationship to the table on which the
> trigger is located. In your case, you probably have a foreign key between
> ARTICLE and ARTTRANS.
>
> Dan

Dan,

Thank you for your answer. You are right, I have a foreign key between ARTICLE and ARTTRANS but as you can see from the above code, I do not modify any foreign key in ARTTRANS, I just insert a new record in this table (it is a kind of audit that I modified something in ARTICLe table).

I would appreciate any further help.

TIA, Valentin. Received on Mon Mar 17 1997 - 00:00:00 CST