can gif or jpg files be stored in a table ?

From: sanjay rallapally <c696346_at_showme.missouri.edu>
Date: 1997/03/15

hi!
a rookie question. I need to show image files (stored in .gif format) on the web. each image relates to a unique key. question: can i store the images in a table, so that the files can be displayed based on the key value ? i know that one of the dev. 2000 sample apps. has image files, but they never said how they got it in the table in the first place. I am using WOW(Web-Oracle-Web, the father of oracle web server ).
Will appreciate any help,

Sanjay Rallapally
c696346_at_showme.missouri.edu Received on Sat Mar 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CST