Buy Personal Oracle 7 in April or wait for a PO8(?) in June

From: Robert Jefson <rjefson_at_highway1.com>
Date: 1997/03/15

Hi,
My trial version of Personal Oracle 7.3 for win95 will expire around April 7 and I plan to purchase a Personal Oracle product for either win95 or NT sometime soon after. I believe the rollout for Oracle 8 is slated for June and I'd like to know if there will be a Personal Oracle 8 for either win95 or NT available in June also. If a PO8 is available, I would like to know if anybody knows anything about Oracle's upgrade policy; say, if I buy PO7.3 in April could I get a free or low-cost upgrade to PO8 if/when it comes out, or should I hold off purchasing PO7 and opt for PO8 in June. I'm new to Oracle and know nothing of their policies and plan to call them them on Monday but I figure some vets might be able to answer (or speculate intelligently on) these questions now. I'm supposing a June date since I saw Oracle's CFO on CNBC yesterday or the day before and he was confident Oracle 8 would ship in June.

Thanks,
-Rob rjefson_at_highway1.com Received on Sat Mar 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CST