ODBC questions

From: Sweth Chandramouli <sweth_at_bivwood.com>
Date: 1997/03/15

   I need to connect a filemaker pro database (on mac and/or pc) and/or an ms-access database (win95) to an oracle server running on solaris x86; I've been told I need to use an ODBC driver to do this. My questions:

  1. Is there a general ODBC faq somewhere, discussing the issues involved?
  2. Do the ODBC drivers need to be specific to the program, or just the platform? (e.g. would i need two different sets of drivers to connect from the win95 machine with both access and filemaker?)
  3. Are there mac drivers out there anywhere? I couldn't find any while searching. (Connecting with filemaker (or even foxpro) on a mac would be my ideal option, though our clients will probably demand some sort of win interface.)

   TIA,
   sweth. Received on Sat Mar 15 1997 - 00:00:00 CST