Re: cursor problem.

From: Vegard Tollefsen <vegard_at_hinux.hin.no>
Date: 1997/03/14

Chrysalis wrote:

> Vegard Tollefsen wrote:
> >
> > When I call the procedure 'show' I also want to send in an
> > argument 'grom'.
> > I want to use that argument when I define a cursor. Like this:
> >
> > create or replace procedure show (grom in varchar2) is
> > cursor rad is select * from Rom
> > where Type=grom
> > and Stoerrelse>=6
> > and Stoerrelse<=15;
> > r rad%rowtype;
> > begin
> > open rad;
> > fetch rad into r;
> > htp.print
> > (r.Romnummer||r.Stoerrelse||r.Blokk||r.Etasje||r.Type||r.Status);
> > end
> > /
> >
> > But this dont work the way it should. Why??
> > Thanks.
> >
> So what way *does* it work? Or doesn't it work at all?
> What is the problem?
>
> Chrysalis.

The select expresion dont use "grom" as it should. It seems it dont use the argument at all. The procedure dont write out anything. I dont get any errors.
If I replace "grom" whith a real variable, like:

create or replace procedure show (grom in varchar2) is cursor rad is select * from Rom

                 where Type='Grupperom'
                 and Stoerrelse>=6
                 and Stoerrelse<=15;

It all works fine. But I want to use "grom". Help is needed!
Thanks.