Re: Installing SQL*net question

From: Eugene L. Horn <Eugene.Horn_at_gsfc.nass.gov>
Date: 1997/03/14

Diana Duncan wrote:

> Fred Gamache wrote:
> >
> > I have a PC based application using ODBC to connect to an Oracle
> > database. To get this application to work, I have to install the Oracle
> > ODBC drivers on my user's PCs. I also need to install SQL*Net on each
> > PC. My problem is that I have 1000 users and having someone go out to
> > each of these desks is impossible. My questions is, is there any way
> > that I can automate the SQL*Net install, so that my users do not have to
 [stuff deleted]

> > Fred Gamache
> > fgamache_at_gic.gi.com
>
> It might be simpler if you install the SQL*Net Client and ODBC drivers
> on the network itself in a shared drive. Please correct me if this
> won't work, I haven't actually done it, but have heard of sites that
> have.
> --
> Diana Duncan | My opinions are my own.
> Sr. Consultant |
> REALOGIC, Inc. | Excitement, Adventure and
> dduncan_at_realogic.com | Really Wild Things - Z.B.
There is a document: "Installing SQL*Net for Windows ONTO a Network Drive"
available from Oracle Customer Support at: http://www.oracle.com/support/bulletins/net/html/1501.html

Document ID: 104770.252

Iv'e put it on both Netware and NT Servers for access by Win 3.1 and 95 Clients.
HTH

--
Eugene.L.Horn.1_at_gsfc.nasa.gov
301-286-8177