Re: Oracle Password Encryption Algorithm

From: RYoung <ryoung_at_summer.dbsol.com>
Date: 1997/03/13

Speaking of passwords......

Somewhere recently I saw an article/side bar on how to generate 'impossible' Oracle passwords....passwords that did not match the encryption algorithm used by Oracle, but which could be 'force fed' into the password table. I believe it used something like

alter user xxxx identified by value 'impossible string goes here';

Does this ring a bell with anyone? One of the recent Oramags?

Frank Kobylanski <this_person_at_thisplace.com> wrote in article <5g734c$ecm$1_at_newsin-1.starnet.net>...