Re: Renaming databases

From: RYoung <ryoung_at_summer.dbsol.com>
Date: 1997/03/13

You need to dump the control file using

alter database backup controlfile to trace;

Then edit the resulting file found in the AAAA trace directory (it is a file of SQL commands with an info header you can delete in a text editor and is named with the .trc ending) to

create controlfile reuse

        set database BBBB

.
.
.

with the new file locations and names.

Run the script from the BBBB database account in SQLDBA or SVRMGR. Also check the initBBB.ora file for db_name and change it it to BBBB is needed.

Backup the new database as soon as possible.

Jim Collier <jcollier_at_mb.sympatico.ca> wrote in article <332738A5.2F6B_at_mb.sympatico.ca>...