Re: help with TNS

From: Mark Merritt <merritt_at_mail.msen.com>
Date: 1997/03/12

Thomas Moore (tjmoore_at_ix.netcom.com) wrote:
: I have noticed an error using Solaris 2.5.1 & Oracle Workgroup Server
: 7.3.2 that has been happening every once in a while:
: Software error:
:
: ORA-12223: TNS:internal limit restriction exceeded (DBD: login failed)
: at
: CONF/db.test line 8.

 [snip...]
: I think this might be because of someones syntax related to csr->finish;
: Any ideas?
: Thanks,
: -Tom

Looks like you are using perl DBD/DBI CGI scripts, right? Anyhow, I have seen a similar error when Unix per-process limits on open file descriptors are exceeded when the listener tries to open a new connection. Depending on your shell, use limit or ulimit (if those commands are not familiar to you, check the man pages!)to see what the max number of file descriptors allowed is for the Oracle account. If you are already at the limit the system allows(check with your sys admin), have your sys admin bump it up by adding a 'set nofiles=xxx' in /etc/system to probably double whatever the current limit is. After rebooting, check it from the shell again and make sure it is picking up the full number, if not you may have to add a 'limit' or 'ulimit' command to your shell initialization file to set it. Hope this helps!

/*+
The opinions expressed herein are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of Orace Corporation