Cursors consumed to fast :-(

From: Martin Schroeder <ms_at_dream.hb.north.de>
Date: 1997/03/12

Hi,
I have constructed a PL/SQL program consisting of some PL/SQL packages that uses implicit cursors and explicit cursors from DBMS_SQL. Mostly the cursors are used implicitely via Loops; at the places where the cursors are used explicitely (via DBMS_SQL) they are closed after use. The program currently does no COMMIT; it ROLLBACKs in case of errors.

I call the program/routines via execute statements from SQL*Plus.

But I frequently get the ORA-01000 error -- maximum number of open cursors exceeded. OPEN_CURSOR is set to 50.

When I examine the cursors via v$open_cursor I find indeed many cursors (e.g. from triggers); but these remain even after an explicit COMMIT or ROLLBACK. :-((

I am quite sure that I close all cursors the program knows of...

Anybody got a clue for me?

Thanks in advance

        Martin

--
               Martin Schr"oder, MS_at_Dream.HB.North.DE
There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make