Sorting in a select - help!

From: Nils <nils_at_bourbon.propertymall.com>
Date: 1997/03/12

I wish to make a select and have the data sorted, i.e.

    select * from DTABLE

        where
        (
              QTOWN = DTABLE.TOWN
        )
             order by size_000_s ;

Questions: (to which, having consulted a couple of books,
	    I cannot find a solution)

(1) There are 3 different columns by which I could sort, i.e. size, date and so on - how can I do this - essentially I qould like to pass a parameter QSORT and then sort by size if it is 0, date if it is 1 and so on?

(2) How can I reverse a sort - instead of the reault being sorted lowest to highest numeric value, I would like it sorted highest to lowest.

Thanks,

Nils Received on Wed Mar 12 1997 - 00:00:00 CST