Re: Installing SQL*net question

From: Campbell White <Preveal2_at_vni.net>
Date: 1997/03/11

Fred Gamache wrote:

> I have a PC based application using ODBC to connect to an Oracle
> database. To get this application to work, I have to install the Oracle
> ODBC drivers on my user's PCs. I also need to install SQL*Net on each
> PC. My problem is that I have 1000 users and having someone go out to
> each of these desks is impossible. My questions is, is there any way
> that I can automate the SQL*Net install, so that my users do not have to
> use the Oracle Installer? I know all of the answers to the questions
> posed by the Oracle Installer, but due to the level of computer
> expertise of some of my users, I do not want to give them the
> opportunity to answer these questions.
>
> Anyone know if I can automate the SQL*Net install process? I have
> already done that with the Oracle ODBC install process, using a VB
> program to all of the necessary work.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Fred Gamache
> fgamache_at_gic.gi.com

Try downloading "RevealNet Oracle Administration Knowledge Base" from the RevealNet website: http://www.revealnet.com

The latest release includes 35 topics on SQL*Net installation, architecture, administration and troubleshooting.

Best wishes,

Cam White
RevealNet, Inc.
(800) 738-3254 Received on Tue Mar 11 1997 - 00:00:00 CST