SQLPlus access violation error on NT w/ too large a SQLPlus line.

From: RYoung <ryoung_at_summer.dbsol.com>
Date: 1997/03/10

I am using SQLPlus (3.3.0.2.2) on NT 4.00 sp 2, whic is also running the Oracle 7.3 Workgroup Server.. If I try to run a script file (with @) with SET ECHO ON and several lines in the file are >2499 chars, SQLPlus gives an access violation and dies. SET ECHO OFF, and you get the expected error mesage, but the application does not give the access violation and continues with the rest of the file.

Has anyone seen this discrepancy before? I am trying to locate the offending lines (a few dozen out of tens of thousands of lines), but can not run with the ECHO ON option to locate them.

--
Robert Young
rcyoung_at_summer.dbsol.com