Installing SQL*net question

From: Fred Gamache <fgamache_at_gic.gi.com>
Date: 1997/03/10

I have a PC based application using ODBC to connect to an Oracle database. To get this application to work, I have to install the Oracle ODBC drivers on my user's PCs. I also need to install SQL*Net on each PC. My problem is that I have 1000 users and having someone go out to each of these desks is impossible. My questions is, is there any way that I can automate the SQL*Net install, so that my users do not have to use the Oracle Installer? I know all of the answers to the questions posed by the Oracle Installer, but due to the level of computer expertise of some of my users, I do not want to give them the opportunity to answer these questions.

Anyone know if I can automate the SQL*Net install process? I have already done that with the Oracle ODBC install process, using a VB program to all of the necessary work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fred Gamache
fgamache_at_gic.gi.com Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST