Personal Oracle and Starter Database running off another drive/directory than the default

From: <ftvr_at_sprynet.com>
Date: 1997/03/10

Can I move the starter database to another drive/directory? What do I need to do?

These are the things I tried and didn't work:
- modified RDBMS_FILES and RDBMS73_CONTROL to point to the new
drive/directory.
- hard-corded the path in the INITORCL.ORA file.

I notice that the CTL1ORCL.ORA has hard-coded path in it. Do I need to re-create it???!!!

I also created a new database in another drive/directory that cannot be started as well.

In both tries, Oracle is asking for the database password, that is oracle, and it doesn't take it.

I can use one or the other database as long as they are in the original Oracle database directory.

What am I missing ?

Thank You in advance.
FTVR. Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST