Re: Two instances, two listeners and /etc/services

From: Jim Gregory <jim.gregory_at_daytonoh.ncr.com>
Date: 1997/03/10

>==========Motley Crue, Vaxxer, 3/7/97==========
>
>Johnny Chan <j4ychan_at_PROBLEM_WITH_INEWS_GATEWAY_FILE> wrote:
>>However, I would like to point out that you don't need a
 separate listener
>>for each instance on the same node: In all but a few
 exceptions, a single
>>listener is able to handle connections into multiple instances
 in the same
>>node. You merely have to configure the /etc/listener.ora file
>properly so
>

>I've tried to configure my listener.ora to handle for multiple
>instances but
>it seemed that sometimes the listener connects the user to the
>wrong instance.
>The log file shows that the listener has connected the user to
>the correct
>sid.
> What I had for my listener.ora is like this:

>Choon Leong

If you are running MTS, check your init<SID>.ora file. We saw ORACLE sometimes connecting users to the wrong DB when the MTS_LISTENER_ADDRESS had the HOST= parameter set wrong. Some would connect to the target DB and some would connect to another DB. We had copied the init.ora file from another instance and had failed to check the MTS parameters. Just one more thing to look at.

HTH
Jim Gregory

Views expressed are mine and do not reflect those of my employer or clients. Received on Mon Mar 10 1997 - 00:00:00 CST