Re: MY TABLES WITH ITS COLUMNS

From: Gary M. Greenberg <garyg_at_southeast.net>
Date: 1997/03/08

In article <5fjpnr$evf$1_at_malibu.unice.fr>, mmouries_at_davis.unice.fr (Marc Mouries) wrote:

> How can I get a table with my table with
> their columns ?
>
> Marc.

select object_name from user_objects where object_type = 'TABLE';

feed the result of that to either (1) a loop using describe, or (2) look at Table_Name and Column_Names in USER_TAB_COLUMNS

Thus, if you want the description of each column in your tables then, this ___untested___ request might do it:

select Column_Name, Data_Type from user_tab_columns

    where table_name IN

        (select object_name from user_objects
            where object_type = 'TABLE');

hth, g.

gary         -=- visit The C Programmers' Reference -=-
          http://users.southeast.net/~garyg/C_ref/C/c.html
               The AVENUE Programmers' Class Requests
             http://users.southeast.net/~garyg/class.htm