Database Reorgs

From: Stephanie <stephnt_at_earthlink.net>
Date: 1997/03/07

Question: How frequently do you reorg your databases? What size of databases are you working with when you do this? Do you reorg to simply defragment? or when you reach the hard limit of max extents?

I'm working with several fairly large Oracle databases and an SAP environment. Some people in my company feel that we need to reorg to restructure the database as a matter of routine maintenance. (move large tables to their own tablespaces, resize /change out the datafiles). From what I've seen from Oracle and SAP they don't recommend you reorging on a frequent basis. it's more of an exception. I'm looking for feedback from anyone with first hand information.

Thanks!
Stephanie Received on Fri Mar 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CST