OCI - rowid - transaction question

From: PaulJ3 <paulj3_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/07

Are there any circumstances I would run into where a rowid in a cursor obtained with a select .. for update of ... would become invalid?

I have a situation where I call a select ... for update of ... statement with one cursor, and then before using the rowid, do additional inserts or updates (with different cursors) and then try to use the rowid for an update. I consistently get a ora-08012 error when doing this. Anyone know why? Is there an issue in a situation like this if I am using auto - commit? I would figure he rowid would be valid until I close the cursor or use it for another sql statement.... What's the deal with this? Received on Fri Mar 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CST