Re: Number of files in an Instance?

From: <Solomon.Yakobson_at_entex.com>
Date: 1997/03/07

To increase MAXDATAFILES for an existing database you need to issue CREATE CONTROLFILE statement.
As far as I know, Oracle Installer on some platforms (i.e. HP-UX) does not prompt you for MAXDATAFILES when you choose to create a new database. If default MAXDATAFILES value is too low for your databases, you can force Oracle Installer to use your value by editing Oracle supplied file cnfg.orc in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/install/rdbms directory (V7.3) or $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/install directory (V7.2). Simply add line MAXDATAFILES nnn to create database command.

Solomon.Yakobson_at_entex.com