Re: Number of files in an Instance?

From: John <johnli_at_cyberway.com.sg>
Date: 1997/03/07

> S. Snadow wrote:
>
> Is there a limit to the number of files that can be in an Oracle 7.3
> instance?

I believe that when you create a database, you have to specify the MAXDATAFILES. Failure to do so will limit the number of files to the default 30 (Oracle 7.1.6, Digital Unix) and I have not figure a way to increase this limit after the database is created (DB_FILES does not work!!!).

John Received on Fri Mar 07 1997 - 00:00:00 CST