From: Gary M. Greenberg <garyg_at_southeast.net>
Date: 1997/03/06

I need to take 140+ ascii files each containing numerous lines, and having lots of commas, single, and double quotes and load them into a table ONE RECORD per original file where the column is type varchar2(2000).

sqlload doesn't work as each newline creates a new record.

insert into table values ('file contents'); is a serious kludge {though, in a worst case scenario I will write a script to convert my files temporarily to that format ;-\ } and, altering each file so that the first 2 bytes are prefixed by 5-digit length values isn't a good fix.

What secret have I missed <lacking Pro*C to write a sql.c program>?

replies by email and/or post at your pleasure.

Thanks,

gary         -=- visit The C Programmers' Reference -=-
          http://users.southeast.net/~garyg/C_ref/C/c.html
               The AVENUE Programmers' Class Requests
             http://users.southeast.net/~garyg/class.htm