Re: I need help on: Stored procedure calls from a C++ program (using Rogue Wave DBTools.h++)

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/03/05

Jordi G-Ramallo wrote:
> FUNCTION userTypeSelectOptions RETURN VARCHAR2 IS
> CURSOR userTypeC IS
> SELECT userTypeID, userType FROM userType;
> stro VARCHAR2(1000) := ''; -- Line 81
> BEGIN
> FOR u_type IN userTypeC LOOP
> stro := stro ||
> '<li value="' ||
> u_type.userTypeID ||
> '">' ||
> u_type.userType;
> END LOOP;
>
> RETURN stro;
> END userTypeSelectOptions;
>
> The problem is that when I call the stored procedure from my cartridge
> using RogueWave DBTools API, I get an error from Oracle
> (reported by a DBTools error handler that I've installed).
>
> The error message reported is:
> value error ORA-06512: at "ADMCV.ACVHTMLTEMPLATE", line 81
> (ADMCV.ACVHTMLTEMPLATE is the name of the package and the line number
> is marked in the code above)

   It may over 1000 characters after concatenation.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.