Re: EBU obk-5618 after Oracle upgrade 7.3.2.3

From: oracle <oracle_at_nightmare.com>
Date: 1997/03/04

------------3FC8652524945

Irene Lam wrote:

> Hi,there,
>
> We currently have an upgrade done to our testing DB, when we try to
 run
> our production EBU against this testing DB, we get error msg obk-5618
> cannot connect to the target DB with register. Current EBU level is
> 2.0.10.
>
> We have tested the sqlnet connection and it works ok. Infact, there is
> no change to the sqlnet environment.
>
> EBU backup for production environment works ok.
> The obk_home is $ORACLE_HOME/obackup for production DB.
> The ORACLE_HOME for testing DB is different from that of production
 DB.
> The owner of testing Oracle software is orat732.
> The script crobkusr.sh was run. We have opened an Oracle tar 9092538.7
> and have no progress. The TNS_ADMIN variable is set. We run the ebu
> register by calling obackup.sh in command mode.
>
> Pls let us know how we can trace the EBU connection string to its
 target
> DB. Pls shed some light on this!
> thanks, IL

 5618, 0, "Unable to connect to Target Database with SID %s"

If you were using a sqlnet V1 connect string it will not work to connect to
a 7.3.x database because the oracle kernel does not support it. I am not even
sure you can use 2.0.10 of EBU with 7.3.x. You should upgrade to 2.0.12.4
anyway as it is much better.

If I remember correctly the last version you can use 2.0.10 with was 7.2.3 of the RDBMS.

I am not positive about this so you might want to check the Installation guide for 2.0.10 to see what is supported.

------------3FC8652524945

<HTML><BODY>

<DT>Irene Lam wrote:<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Hi,there,<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; We currently have an upgrade done to our testing DB, when we try to
run<BR>
&gt; our production EBU against this testing DB, we get error msg obk-5618<BR>
&gt; cannot connect to the target DB with register. Current EBU level is<BR>
&gt; 2.0.10.<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; We have tested the sqlnet connection and it works ok. Infact, there
is<BR>
&gt; no change to the sqlnet environment.<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; EBU backup for production environment works ok.<BR>
&gt; The obk_home is $ORACLE_HOME/obackup for production DB.<BR>
&gt; The ORACLE_HOME for testing DB is different from that of production
DB.<BR>
&gt; The owner of testing Oracle software is orat732.<BR>
&gt; The script crobkusr.sh was run. We have opened an Oracle tar 9092538.7<BR>
&gt; and have no progress. The TNS_ADMIN variable is set. We run the ebu<BR>
&gt; register by calling obackup.sh in command mode.<BR>
&gt;&nbsp;<BR>
&gt; Pls let us know how we can trace the EBU connection string to its
target<BR>
&gt; DB. Pls shed some light on this!<BR>
&gt; thanks, IL<BR>

<BR></DT>

<DT>&nbsp;5618, 0, &quot;Unable to connect to Target Database with SID %s&quot;&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>If you were using a sqlnet V1 connect string it will not work to connect to</DT>

<DT>a 7.3.x database because the oracle kernel does not support it.&nbsp; I am not even</DT>

<DT>sure you can use 2.0.10 of EBU with 7.3.x.&nbsp; You should upgrade to 2.0.12.4</DT>

<DT>anyway as it is much better.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>If I remember correctly the last version you can use 2.0.10 with was 7.2.3 of the RDBMS.</DT>

<DT>&nbsp;</DT>

<DT>I am not positive about this so you might want to check the Installation guide for 2.0.10 to see what is supported.&nbsp;</DT>

</BODY>
</HTML>
------------3FC8652524945-- Received on Tue Mar 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST