Q: Salary value for 24x7 operation

From: Donna Kray <donna.kray_at_gemis.ge.com>
Date: 1997/03/04

What is a market value for 24x7 operation, in addition to a salary for a non 24x7 operation? I.e. If one is a DBA for a non 24x7 environment, and the database(s) becomes a 24x7 enviroment, about how much extra compensation should be allotted the extra hassle, being on call, etc? I realize that the required recovery window & number of instances may make a difference as well, but I am looking for general numbers.

Thanks, DL Kray Received on Tue Mar 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST