Re: ODBC for Solaris 2.4 ?

From: Kendal Willets <kendall_at_slip.net>
Date: 1997/03/04

: Philip Mason <mason_at_mcs.net> wrote in article <3313A0DC.63B4_at_mcs.net>...

: > Is there such a thing as ODBC for Solaris 2.4?
: > If so were can I find it.
: > Or is it just a Microsoft/Windows thing.

New suns come with an odbc driver manager installed. There's also the iodbc driver manager which is freeware (and useful for getting header files for the API).

I'm running an Intersolv oracle7 driver currently. I would recommend a different vendor due to several bugs I've found in Intersolv and OCI. Intersolv also seems to be completely inaccessible for support. I'll be posting a description of the bugs shortly. Received on Tue Mar 04 1997 - 00:00:00 CST