Re: Symmetric Replication

From: Connor McDonald <mcdonald.connor.cs_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1997/03/04

Phil Melendez wrote:

> All,
>
> I have recently been tasked to implement a Symmetric Replication
> environment for a client. I have attended the 5-day SymRep
> course provided by Oracle and have just finished reading Oracles
> white paper on "Strategies and Techniques for Using Oracle7
> Replication"....
> Regards,
>
> Phil Melendez

We found the main problem with the single master was that we could encounter locking problems whilst the replication sequence was taking place. ie the users of the base table were locked out whilst the replication jobs were running. Oracle told us that multi-master would resolve the problem but we did not pursue it further...

Cheers

--
Connor McDonald
Systems Administrator-Unix/Oracle