Help with DBMS_OUTPUT

From: Ed Jennings <jennings_at_dca.net>
Date: 1997/03/03

I'm using DBMS_OUTPUT in a stored procedure that print a key value after doing some computations and an insert. When I run this procedure from SQLPlus, I get no output until the stored proc is finished. I then get pummelled with a few hundred lines of output. The stored proc takes about 15 minutes to execute, therefore I can only assume that the output is being buffered somehow. Does anyone know if this is the case, and if there is a way to turn it off? I want to monitor the progress during runtime, and currently the output is of little use.

--
jennings_at_dca.net