FRM-40908: RAM Internal Error -- Problem Solved

From: Jeff Bangle <JeffBangle_at_aol.com>
Date: 1997/03/03

About a month ago I posted the problem (detailed below) in this Newsgroup. With lots of help from Newsgroup readers, I finally solved the problem, as detailed below.

> I have a limited number of users who get the following error when
> scrolling on
> a Forms 4.0 form:
>
> FRM-40908: RAM Internal Error: IRM: file
> d:\forms40\irm\irmobf.c, line 64: Unable to
> open record buffer file
>
> and
>
> FRM-40900: Unable to allocate record buffer.
> Clear form to continue

It turns out that, although all the Oracle INI files specified "c:\temp" as the temp directory, Oracle instead looked at a Windows environment called "tmp". The environment variable "tmp" in turn pointed to an invalid directory. Resetting "tmp" to point to "c:\temp" solved the problem.

Thanks to everyone who responded to my original posting!! Received on Mon Mar 03 1997 - 00:00:00 CST