SYBASE DBA TO ORACLE DBA

From: Casey Claiborne <mskc_at_io.com>
Date: 1997/03/02

Hello,

        I currently have been trained in performance tuning for SYBASE system 11; however, I am wondering if there are significant or small differences between the administration of an Oracle database vs. a SYBASE database - i.e. how hard is it to switch from SYBASE administration to Oracle administration? Are the structures for SYBASE similar to Oracle - i.e. using b-tree for indexes, the creation of several databases - (tempdb, master, etc. for SYBASE) when the product is installed, etc.

        I would be *truly* grateful for any information on the subject :)

TIA Received on Sun Mar 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST