Re: How to best distribute TNSNAMES.ORA file to many clients?

From: Rowan McCammon <rowanm_at_intercoast.com.au>
Date: 1997/03/02

AlexJent wrote:

  The company I am currently working for uses a network drive (novell)   for
  tnsnames.ora as well as developer/2000 distribution.

  It also is a large (and larger every day, it seems) company and   network
  activity has not been an issue (yet).

  Your could also distribute the tnsnames.ora file to several network   drives
  to serve specific areas or some such plan. Personally, I would   prefer
  this method in order to minimize the risk of having the whole   company down
  because one server or location is down for whatever reason.

  Good luck.... Let us know what you decide and why(if possible).

  Alex Jentilucci - Consultant
  Information System Dynamics, Inc
  Minneapolis, MN 55323
  Tele: 612-476-7395 FAX: 612-473-5954 E-Mail: infosys_at_aol.com

  E-Mail Work: jentilucci_at_notes.seagate.com

            Home: AlexJent_at_aol.com

 Have you thought about having a couple of Names servers floating around the place? Received on Sun Mar 02 1997 - 00:00:00 CST