Re: Need assistance on handling a date in Oracle Forms 3.0

From: Lun Wing San (Oracle) <wslun_at_qrcsun.qrc.org>
Date: 1997/03/01

Lorie Lewis wrote:

> This is the scenario..
> There is a manually entered date in a "transaction" table through Forms
> 3.0. The field is defined at forms level and db level as DATE, at the form
> level there is a format mask of MM/DD/YYYY. This does not place a time on
> the date when it is stored, therefore when inserting this date field into
> another form, it place the time as 00:00:00. We do not want to have the
> user key in the time with the date.

  You can get the time component and add to the date at the field level trigger.

---
Name   : Lun Wing San (Certified Oracle Database Administrator)

Title  : Oracle Application Developer of Hong Kong Productivity Council
         Oracle Database Administrator and System Administrator of QRC
Phone  : (852)27885841

This posting represents the personal opinions of the author. It is not the
official opinion or policy of the author's employer. Warranty expired when you
opened this article and I will not be responsible for its contents or use.