Need assistance on handling a date in Oracle Forms 3.0

From: Lorie Lewis <lewisl_at_wlrfoods.com>
Date: 1997/02/27

This is the scenario..
  There is a manually entered date in a "transaction" table through Forms 3.0. The field is defined at forms level and db level as DATE, at the form level there is a format mask of MM/DD/YYYY. This does not place a time on the date when it is stored, therefore when inserting this date field into another form, it place the time as 00:00:00. We do not want to have the user key in the time with the date. I have tried a number of things and would like to have help as soon as possible. If anyone has suggestions, I'd like to hear them. My e-mail address is lewisl_at_wlrfoods.com.

Lorie Lewis WLR Foods, Inc. Received on Thu Feb 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CST