Re: Can anyone recommend the best way to learn oracle?

From: greg teets <teetshd_at_ucbeh.san.uc.edu>
Date: 1997/02/27

On 26 Feb 1997 10:40:44 GMT, "Martin Macdonald" <martin_at_mercuryin.es> wrote:

>I would appreciate any help from Oracle/VB programmers, on how is the best
>way to learn Oracle, ie good web sites or books, or any programs that are
>worth getting, as I need to learn oracle ASAP!
>
>Thank you in advance,
>
>Martin Macdonald
>martin.macdonald_at_mercuryin.es

Get a copy of a trial version of personal Oracle7. You can either download it at www.oracle.com(would take a long time) or it comes on CD with a couple of books. I would recommend getting Developing Personal Oracle7 Applications by David Lockman, which is published by SAMS. The book is really good for starting out. One weakness, however, is the instructions for installing some of the files from the disk are not clear. Post a message here or send me an email when you're ready to do that and I'll give you a hand.

Another good thing is that the author responds to email.

Greg in Cincinnati Received on Thu Feb 27 1997 - 00:00:00 CST