Re: ODBC for Solaris 2.4 ?

From: Owen Iyoha <oiyoha_at_openlink.co.uk>
Date: 1997/02/27

Hello Phil,

OpenLink Software provide ODBC drivers for Solaris clients. We pioneered the concept of ODBC on Unix platforms with our Universal Database Connectivity (UDBC) drivers. At the time we ported our ODBC drivers to Unix there were no Unix ODBC driver Managers available. Developers had to build their applications to the ODBC or SAG CLI and then link them into our UDBC layer to obtain database connectivity. A number of vendors now provide Unix driver managers and we have Unix ODBC drivers for these Unix platforms such as Solaris. There are however still a number Unix Operating Systems where there are no Unix driver managers, on such platforms we still provide our UDBC technology. For more information and software please visit our Website.

Regards,
Owen Iyoha
OpenLink Software
High Performance ODBC, JDBC and UDBC Technology Providers http://www.openlinksw.com

Philip Mason <mason_at_mcs.net> wrote in article <3313A0DC.63B4_at_mcs.net>...