Re: PL/SQL file I/O HELP

From: Colin Polykett <polyketc_at_bibip1.spam.wgw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/02/26

c581534_at_sp2n09.missouri.edu wrote:

> Hi there:
> I came cross one problem using fopen procedure within oracle PL/SQL
> UTL_FILE package. I kept getting exception indicating invalid path. I'm
> accessing the ORACLE server through a UNIX machine. Does anyone can
> give me some suggestion on this. THANKS a lot. The followig is the
> procedure I used to open a file:
> UTL_FILE.FOPEN('dir path', 'filename' 'r');

I can't remember the exact details but I think it's something to do with a trailing '/' on the 'dir path'. I seem to remember that some of the docs are wrong in that they either say you need it when you don't or vice versa.

The opinions expressed above have probably been pinched from somewhere else as I have none of my own.

Colin Polykett polyketc_at_bibip1.wgw.bt.co.uk CSO Open Systems ORACLE DBA Received on Wed Feb 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST