Re: Open file from PL/SQL

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1997/02/26

Starting with version 7.3 of the server, you can use UTL_FILE (the server side implementation of the forms TEXT_IO package).

Prior to 7.3 you will need to use dbms_pipes to read a file. You would write a C program to read the file and use dbms_pipes to talk to the C program. To ease this process, you can look at PLEX found on http://govt.us.oracle.com under downloadable utilities.

On 25 Feb 1997 10:18:37 GMT, "ARRASATE SISTEMAS" <arrasis_at_arrakis.es> wrote:

> Hi Oraclers:
>
> I need to open an ASCI file from a stored procedure and I donĀ“t know how.
>I know how I can make in Forms, through the Package TEXT_IO and its
>functions FOPEN, PUT_LINE ...
>
> The file would content something like the following:
>
> Hello Oracle-world<EOL>
> Bye<EOL>
> <EOF>
>
> Can anybody help me ?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Clemen.

> Arrasate Sistemas S.L.
> Mondragon (Gipuzkoa)
> Spain
>
> arrasis_at_arrakis.es

Thomas Kyte
Oracle Government
tkyte_at_us.oracle.com

http://govt.us.oracle.com

statements and opinions are mine and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Oracle Corporation Received on Wed Feb 26 1997 - 00:00:00 CST