Re: Filtering SQL*Net client IP addresses ?

From: Colin Polykett <polyketc_at_bibip1.spam.wgw.bt.co.uk>
Date: 1997/02/25

Philippe GENSBITTEL wrote:

> We have an Oracle 7 server on HPUX 10 and we are wondering if it is
> possible to restrict access to our database from Sql*net clients
> depending on their IP addresses (eg. like inetd services with "inetd.sec
> file") ?
>
> Thanks in advance.

It is indeed possible.

Check out the PROTOCOL.ORA file, and the following parameters :

tcp.validnode_checking
tcp.invited_nodes

Basically you set validnode_checking to 'yes' and then a put a comma seperated list of valid IP addresses in invited_nodes.

We use this on several systems.

The opinions expressed above have probably been pinched from somewhere else as I have none of my own.

Colin Polykett polyketc_at_bibip1.wgw.bt.co.uk CSO Open Systems ORACLE DBA Received on Tue Feb 25 1997 - 00:00:00 CST